Thursday, August 13, 2009

FW: An Elegant Mix of Tin and Timber

So, a while back I said the showers and latrines were closed and we were stuck with baby wipes and porta-jons.  Well, somebody worked the solution and allowed us to get showers twice a day for the last couple months.  The doors are locked with padlocks during the closed times, but a contractor comes and unlocks them when they are supposed to be open.  He then comes back around and locks them again at the prescribed time.  An incident happened recently and I shared it with a buddy here on base.  I figured if it was good enough to share with them, I could post it on here.  The following is the email message:

UNCLASSIFIED

So, have you ever wondered if it was possible to get locked in the shower trailers if you are in there after 2230?

 

Apparently somebody was locked in one of our shower trailers last night and nobody was there to unlock the door.  Instead of sleeping on the bench inside, the wrongfully imprisoned victim “van dammed” the door, causing the lower half of the door/frame to explode outward and henceforth no longer exist.  Then janitors diligently covered the frame with red “danger” tape, denoting a hazard to all flip-flop clad and towel carrying personnel in the area and directed them to the opposing oasis of showers.  The KBR employees were called to the crime scene and asked to provide cosmetic relief to the ailing entryway.  In a fit of ingenuity and reason, the craftsman fashioned a masterpiece of plywood and screws.  The door exudes neither the style nor attitude of the postmodern architecture we were hoping for, but does display a distinctive mix of white aluminum and aged timber.  Now if somebody would just unlock it when the showers are open next I could say it functions exquisitely.

 

Bottom-line, either somebody forgot the two-toned rectangle was indeed a door rather than a work of art, or we as north park residents are on limited shower probation until further notice.

 

Now you know what happens in the showers after 2230….be forewarned.

1 comment:

  1. I so wish you were here to write...I wouldn't even care about the subject matter, I just want to read your words.

    ReplyDelete